HSA: Supporting St. Francis de Sales
Bringing Parents, Teachers And Students Together
At St. Francis, our Home-School Association (HSA) plays a vital role in supporting our teachers and staff. They organize five major fundraisers that provide funding for a number of our academic and athletic programs, including field trips and other events.
The HSA helps us create a more dynamic, supportive community of parents, teachers and students. They host events for the entire school community, bring together volunteers and organize teacher and volunteer appreciation events.
Join The HSA
What is the HSA?
The St. Francis HSA is a formal body, staffed by St. Francis parents, which supports the school and the students. HSA dues are $15 per child this year (which is the normal, pre-COVID amount), but we have capped it at $30 per family. So if you have more than 2 children at the school, you will only pay a maximum of $30. Dues reminders will be sent out soon, and you can send your payment in an envelope with your child to school. Cash or check is accepted.
Why is it important?
The HSA organizes several major fundraisers throughout the school year that support the academic and athletic programs at St. Francis, as well as providing funding for field trips and other student events. The overwhelming support of our parents and the St. Francis community has been integral to the success of the HSA and the school
The HSA Officers for the 2021-2022 school year are:
- President: Jill Stevenson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Susan Goebel-Nolan
- Email: email@example.com
- Secretary: Kelly Hitty
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jill Graves
- Email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Laura Perry
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSA communications are sent out primarily through Facebook and ClassTag. You can join our Facebook page here, SFdS HSA Penguin Pride. For the security of our students, this is a closed group. So requests to join will be verified with the school before you are added.
We will hold three open meetings during the school year. We invite you to join us to hear about what the HSA is doing and give us your valuable feedback. The meeting schedule is listed below:
- October 5, 2021, at 6:30 pm – Parish Hall
- January 11, 2022, at 6:30 pm – Parish Hall
- March 22, 2022 at 6:30 pm – Parish Hall
Ways To Support SFdS
In addition to our major fundraising events, we also offer these ways to support St. Francis all year long:
- Target (SFDS ID #17886)
- Giant Card A-Plus Bonus Bucks designated for SFDSDS
- Boxtops for Education
- Use the app to simply scan your receipts after you go to the grocery store. The app automatically identifies eligible purchases and adds them to the school’s account. The school then receives a check twice a year with the earnings we’ve helped raise. Friends/family can participate.
- Purchasing Scrip Cards for all of your big & small purchases
- Get tuition credits and volunteer hours by purchasing gift cards for restaurants, grocery stores and many other items. You can purchase gift cards for places you’re already going to be spending money (like Land’s End for uniforms!). The school then earns money for each purchase made. You can purchase SCRIP as outlined below:
- Sunshine Volunteer FundEvery family is required to volunteer at least 30 hours each year. Volunteer opportunities are available at all HSA fundraising events. Sign up HERE to volunteer today. While we encourage everyone to get involved, we also recognize that for some families, meeting the required volunteer hours can be a struggle. If you are unable to meet the requirement, you may apply for the sunshine fund, which is a pool of hours donated by other SFdS families for those in need. Information about the sunshine fun, including applications and forms to donate hours can be found below: